Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Some summer

Well I have now been on "summer vacation" for over a month, and as far as I can tell this is going to be the most unique summer I have ever had! It already as been so much different! It has definitely taken time to get used to, but I am trying to make the best of it because I know life really is good. Here is a little of what I have been up to...

{Reunion}
The weekend before my anatomy class started I was able to go to the Frank Beck Family reunion. This was he first reunion with just my mom, her siblings, and all their kids. My mom is the youngest of 11... that means lots and lots of cousins. I am the youngest of the youngest so that means lots of my cousins are older... way older. I wish I knew lots of them better, but it was good to at least see them and what they have been up to. I am so lucky to have such an amazing immediate and extended family.

My family

Josh & Whitney. The siblings at the reunion
{Tractor Pull}
My roommate Whitney works at agri-service and they gave her free tickets for a tractor pull here in Logan, so she brought me along! I had no idea what a tractor pull was, but I was really excited for it. I thought it sounded like fun! But, it definitely was not what either of us were expecting. Let's just say it was a little bit, wait no.. it was very white trash. But that made people watching even more fun!


Apparently a tractor pull is when they have all these different trucks that pull that long thing, and they see who can got he farthest.
After all the fun of the weekend, it was time to buckle down. Bright and early monday morning my Anatomy class started. I had heard stories of how dreadful this class can be from my professor, Andy Anderson, but it really is overload. I am determined to do well though! So, I have officially given up a social life for 8 weeks. My days now consist of class (every day), studying, and work. I'm not complaining. I know I could be having a more enjoyable summer, but I really think it will be worth it. Good thing I have invested in some nice self-tanning lotion seeing that I won't be seeing much of the sun for the next few weeks.

Happy SUNNY days.

2 comments:

Catherine Blakeslee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine Blakeslee said...

Oh Gentry! Bless your heart! I've heard Anatomy is just awful. Hope all goes well! How's Martha doing? hahahaha!

my music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones