Monday, May 23, 2011

I am a WOMAN OF STEEL

I DID IT :)


I, Gentry Funk, completed a sprint triathlon. All of the preparation, doubt, money, and excitement all pulled through. I had the time of my life! The weather was PERFECT, and the atmosphere was so exciting! Everything went according to plan (besides a massive side ache on the uphill stretch of the run). I don't know what else to say about it, except for the fact that I am so excited to do another one!





We each had our own little station to set up camp for transition. I was pretty lucky, and I had a good spot with easy access.

The morning of, they body marked us.
Bib Number on our arms.
Age on our calves.
It was so interesting seeing everyone ages!
Coincidentally my bib number and age were the same!
Go 19!

The morning of the race I really was so excited and so ready to go! I just wanted to do it!


Our swim was in a pool (thank goodness!)
300 Yards
Two people got in the water every 12 seconds. It was so exciting when the race started!!







After Gilly, Shanna, and I had finished we waited for Rainie to come in and we all ran across the finish line with her! It was so fun! Oh, and did I mention at the finish line they gave us chocolate, a necklace, diet coke, fruit, and bagels! Yum yum yum! So worth it :) haha
For anyone thinking that a triathlon is something you could NEVER do...think again. I used to be that person. I hated running, was never competitive, and never thought I had enough self-dicipline. Just do it, sign up. You won't regret it, and you will want to another. I pinky promise!

1 comment:

Gilly Funk said...

Gen we should soooo do another one this summer...ya in?

my music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones