Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Eight*

April 13, 2011 my best friend

.:Alexis Whitney Anderson:.

turned the big 8!


I really cannot believe it. Lexi was born when I was in 5th grade. I can remember it perfectly! It was 2 days before my birthday, and all I wanted for my birthday was to go see my first niece for the first time! I remember helping change her diaper when she was a new born. Still young myself, I saw her umbilical cord all dried up and it seriously freaked me out. For some reason I thought she was some sort of bug or even an alien! Little did I know how much that girl really would crawl all over my heart and invade my soul. I have so many memories with Lexi I wish i could write about them all! I am so lucky to have someone play so many roles in my life.

She is my:
niece
sister
best friend
hero
sunshine
and
one of my greatest examples.

I hope Lexi knows how important she really is to me.
I wish she knew she brings real tears to my eyes when she gives me a phone call even when she has absolutely nothing to say or when I randomly get something from her in the mail. I can honestly say I am not closer to anyone else than I am to Lexi. We seriously have the ultimate relationship that I am not sure many can understand.
I am more than proud to say that my best friend is an 8 year old. That makes me SUPER lucky.
I am so grateful for every second I have had to spend with her, and I am so glad I can always have her in my life.

Lex,
I love you SO much.
Keep being and becoming who you are.
Thanks for everything best friend.








2 comments:

a-anderson said...

So sweet! You 2 do have a very special relationship.

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

Can't believe she is 8! She sure does love you Gen!

my music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones